Credit ReportIf you are considering applying for a loan, ordering a copy of your credit report may well be the best place to start. Why? Because it’s also the first thing a potential creditor will be looking at, and even if you pay your bills on time, you will want to ensure that all the information in your credit file is up-to-date and accurate.
And depending on whether you are applying for an auto loan, a mortgage loan, or a loan for business or personal use, different lenders may apply different standards in rating your credit worthiness. For this reason, reading your credit report and understanding how your credit data might be interpreted may give you a chance to improve your credit worthiness from the point of view of a lender. If you would like to get a free copy of your credit report.
Why you need to review your FREE credit report
- Check for inaccuracies or before they could negatively affect your credit profile.
- Find out why you've been denied or granted credit. The information on your credit report is the same information used by lenders concerning your credit.
- Find out who has been looking at your credit history lately. It could be credit card issuers, mortgage companies or even your employer.
- Make sure your credit report is complete and accurate before you apply for credit.
- Help protect yourself from possible credit fraud. Review your credit report carefully, any strange accounts or addresses may indicate possible fraud.